CODE OF LAWS
Constitution | Initiatives | Regulations
The Southeastern Region of the United States Election Atlas Forum charters this document in order to establish proper governance and establish order for the region.
Article I: Regional Executive Authority
1. The Governor of the Southeastern Region shall be elected to a term not to exceed 2 months in length. The term shall begin immediately after the results have been declared after the closing of the poll.
2. An election for the office of Governor shall be held in the months of February, April, June, August, October, and December. This election shall coincide with the elections of other regions, if applicable.
3. At the time of ratification of this Constitution, an election shall be held for the Office of Governor. The elected officer shall serve until August, 2004.
4. Regular elections should be held on the third weekend of the month beginning within 12 hours after midnight Central time on Friday morning and ending at 11:59pm Central time on the following Sunday night.
5. In the case of a tie vote for any election, a runoff election shall be held beginning within 24 hours after the end of the previous election. If the second runoff ends up in a tie, the term in question shall be split evenly and the candidate with the screen name that comes first alphabetically shall serve first split term, the second candidate alphabetically shall serve the second term, etc.
6. The Primary responsibility of the Governor shall be to work with the regional Senators and the Forum President to ensure that the rights, liberties, and interests of southeastern citizens are protected. The Governor shall have the authority to propose any Initative, which shall be voted upon at the next Initiative election.
7. The Governor shall be the chief executive officer of the southeastern region and is responsible for administrative duties including operation of southeastern regional elections. Should the Governor be unable to carry out a duty, the Lieutenant Governor or Magistrate may step in in a timely fashion either at the request of the Governor or at the request of several citizens of the southeastern Region.
8. The Governor shall not be able to serve in any other public office in the forum at the same time at which he/she is serving as Governor.
9. The Governor may appoint a Lieutenant Governor. Should the Governor vacate his office for any reason, the Lieutenant Governor shall become Governor and may serve out the remainder of the Governor's term. If the Governor chooses not to appoint a Lieutenant, and the Governor's seat should become vacant for any reason, an election shall be immediately held after the seat is vacated to fill the seat for the remainder of the term.
10. After any election, the Governor shall take office immediately and any inaugural ceremony should be considered purely superficial to the office of the Governor of the Southeastern Region.
11. The Governor may nominate a Magistrate subject to approval by the majority of voters at the next election at which an initiative could be voted on.
Article II: Initative and Recall
1. The Citizens of the Southeastern Region shall have the right to petition their government to gain access to the ballot for any issue. Such a petition shall have at least three signatures of registered Southeastern voters in order to be added to the ballot at the next Initiative election. Initiative elections should be held on the third weekend of each month beginning within 12 hours after midnight Central time on Friday morning and ending at 11:59pm Central time on the following Sunday night. Initiatives that receive a tie vote shall be voted upon again in the next Initiative election without the need to be reproposed.
2. The Citizens of the Southeastern Region may recall any regional official. A recall petition must have the signatures of six registered Southeastern voters in order to be brought before the electorate in an immediate vote. The vote may begin within 24 hours of recieving the required number of signatures.
Article III: Miscellaneous Items
1. “Ain’t” shall be considered an official word proper for use in the governance of the Southeastern region.
2. “Yonder” shall be considered an official word proper for use in the governance of the Southeastern region.
3. “Yall” shall be considered an official word proper for use in the governance of the Southeastern region.
Article IV: Ratification
1. Once this document has the approval of the current Southeastern Governor and current federal Senator of the Southeast, and the signature of one additional southeastern registered voter, it shall be presented to the citizens of the southeast for an immediate ratification vote. The polls shall be open for three days. The election shall also include an election for Governor as specified in Article I, Section. 3.
Article V: Regional Judicial Authority
1. The Magistrate of the Southeastern Region shall serve until either his resignation, recall, or the approval by the voters of a replacement nominated by the Governor.
2. The Magistrate shall be the chief judicial officer of the Southeastern Region and is responsible for the adminstration of the courts of the Southeastern Region.
3. In the event that the office of Magistrate be vacant, the Lieutenant Governor shall have authority to act in his stead only on such matters as will not admit of delay.
History of the Constitution
The original Constitution came into force on June 21, 2004, when the ratification poll mentioned in Article IV Section 1, was completed with a margin of 8 to 0.